GSM Cellular Modem and industrial Router
GSM cellular modems are set in for all industrial applications and are representing the base for wireless M2M communication for telemetry and telematics. The modem terminals can be used worldwide, because of the quadband technology. Our LTE, UMTS and GPRS modems are available in different variations and can be used for:
- Send and receive data packets
- SMS Gateway
- Point-to-point connection (CSD)
- Can be used in places without a telephone connection
- Cost-effective billing by data plan
- Wireless M2M communication
- Remote control of plants and machines
- Fault messaging and plant monitoring
- Remote reading of operating status
Modem or Router?
The answer depends on the circumstances your device is used. A modem has a complete TCP/IP-stack and is able to communicate by e-mail and FTP (file-transfer-protocol). It is able to connect to the APN of the GSM net services, but all these thing have to be controlled by AT commands. The PC is generally able to use the modem, for routing data. For that scripts or software is rewuired. If the developtment gets to complicated, we recommend to the UMTS GPRS router with ethernet interface. The device comes close to the modem, but it has an internal processor, which is responsible for trasferring taask required data. Taking everything into consideration also the internal processor uses the AT commands of the modem, for realising the router functionality.
ISDN-discontinuation and analogue modems
The telecommunication big player would like to change all ISDN contracts to modern TCP/IP communication. That means, all analogue modems can not be used anymore. If you use analogue modems and if you are having problems with the sial-up connection, you can continue using this poinit to point connection, while using our GSM modems.
- Frequency 850 + 900 + 1800 + 1900 Mhz
- Data rate EDGE multi slot class 10 (4 Down, 2 Up, 5 Total, max. BW 85.6 Kpbs)
- Power supply 9-35 V DC (LAN, RS232), BUS powered (USB)
- Antenna plug SMA
- LAN/Ethernet interface, Order no. 700400270S
- USB interface, Order no. 700400260S
- RS232 interface, Order no. 700400250S
- DIN rail mounting
- Dimensions 75 x 22 x 112 mm (L x W x H)
- Weight 92 g
- LAN/Ethernet interface, Order no. 700400170S
- USB interface, Order no. 700400160S
- RS232 interface, Order no. 700400150S
- Standard housing
- Dimensions 62 x 59 x 20 mm (L x W x H)
- Weight 49 g
Supported SMS software for monitoring and fault messaging
You need M2M SIM-Cards, fixed IP-adresses or would like to use VPN?
Just contact us!